Workers’ hall, 1920s

The hall of the local workers’ association built in part as voluntary work by loggers served as the headquarters of the Red Guards during the Finnish Civil War in 1918. In February 1918, the White Guards had a strong hold on Rovaniemi and the local workers’ association did not get the hall back for their own use until 1920. The building burnt down during the Lapland War in 1944, but a new hall was built at the site in 1949.

Source: Muistojen reitti brochure, City of Rovaniemi

Tracks near point

Download GPX file
  • Latitude
  • Longitude