Tuisku’s house, around the 1910s

Shopkeeper A. E. Tuisku had a shop along Maantiekatu and a house on the shore of River Kemijoki. Tuisku being a local force served as a municipal foreman in municipal administration in 1897–1899 and as the foreman of the municipal board in 1912. He was also a founding member of Rovaniemen Kirjapaino Oy that published Rovaniemi’s first newspaper and its managing director until 1927.

Source: Muistojen reitti brochure, City of Rovaniemi

Tracks near point

Download GPX file
  • Latitude
  • Longitude