Lauri’s workshop, 1950s

Johannes Lauri established a company called Laurin Tuotteet and a knife factory in 1924. Besides knives, products made of reindeer antlers and bone were produced by the workshop, for example, as souvenirs. The original production building was destroyed during the Lapland War and a new one was built at its site. The current workshop and shop operate in a house built in the late 19th century that was transferred from the village of Namma to the workshop’s courtyard in the 1970s.

Source: Muistojen reitti brochure, City of Rovaniemi

Tracks near point

Download GPX file
  • Latitude
  • Longitude